The Courtyard at Craig y Nos Castle in South Wales
- have we got 'a 2022 weekend offer' for you here!
Unbeatable Value Guaranteed
Exceptional Friday & Saturday 2022 Wedding Package in a Welsh Castle
* For 2021 we are only offering Jan Feb Mar dates due to the need to keep rest of 2021 clear for 2020 weddings moving dates.
For 2021 First Quarter, see instead our Last Minute Wedding Package here
- No Venue Hire
Three Course Wedding Breakfast worth £57 per guest plus these extras are added
- Welcome Drinks worth £5.00/ guest
- Chefs Selection of Canapes worth £3.00/ guest
- White Chair Covers & Bows* worth £1.50/ guest
Available on this offer
@ £57.00 Day Guest
The Opera House at Craig y Nos Castle - Wedding Ceremony Room (seats 150)
* White Chair Covers are offered free of charge in one room - either the Ceremony room OR the Conservatory Banqueting room. Our supply of coloured bows is quite limited, so some Couples prefer to source their own bows and just use our chaircovers. You can also leave the chairs 'uncovered' if you prefer.
The Original offer you will see in Wedding Magazines directing you to this page
has had to be CLOSED for 2021 weddings due to Coronavirus.
We are for the moment keeping 2nd, 3rd & 4th quarter of 2021 year available for existing 2020 weddings transferring
This revised offer now applies to 2022 weekends
Our Last Minute Wedding Offer offers best value for 1st Qtr 2021 weddings
This page's offer will apply to any remaining 2021 dates, once the Coronavirus Quarantine is lifted and all 2020 date transfers are completed. For now priority has to be given to existing clients moving over to the 2021 year until everything settles down. If you want a date in 2021, you can still register your interest by completing the viewing request form on this page. We will then contact you to arrange a viewing once the Quarantine is lifted, as we will know by then what dates we have left for 2021. You can decide then whether you want to come for a viewing (or you can look at 2022 dates).
Exclusive Use of whole ground floor of Castle
(includes Ceremony Room, Banqueting Room, all sitting rooms and separate evening function room)
Theatre red carpet in first picture has now been replaced with a newer blue carpet as shown in the more recent pictures below.
Yes, by landing on this page, you have indeed saved £8/guest off your wedding on a Friday or Saturday in 2022.
The Conservatory Wedding Banqueting Room at Craig y Nos Castle (seats 130)
Terms & Conditions - 'Free Welcome Drinks & Canapes' offer on 2022 weddings
- Min. 70 guests on Saturday, with free Venue Hire (70 day guests x £57) = £3,990
- Min. 60 guests on Fridays, with free Venue Hire (60 day Guests x £50) = £3,420
- Add extra day guests for £57/ guest up to a maximum of 130 in Conservatory (or 150 if in Function Room for the day). Evening Guests Maximum = 150.
- Our 'Free Welcome Drinks & Canapes' Offer with an additional £8 worth of extras applies to a 'Friday Wedding Package' (FWP) or a 'Saturday Wedding Package' (SWP) in 2022 only.
- Friday & Saturday Wedding Packages require a minimum of 50 guests staying overnight - see Weekend Wedding Package terms
- You must complete the Viewing Request on this page for this Offer.
- Currently due to coronavirus you cannot yet view the venue either in person or 'remotely'. So instead please complete the viewing form and leave the viewing date blank. When we can offer viewings again we will email you. After viewing you must then reserve your wedding date within 30 days of viewing.
- Our 'Free Welcome Drinks & Canapes' offer does NOT apply to any existing weddings or to weddings already booked or to any enquiries not initially made via this page and not made initially via the form on this page
- Product/Prices are subject to immediate change and any offer or product may be withdrawn from this website at any time. Keep this page to retain this specific offer which is valid for weekend weddings booked in 2022.
- Once you have paid a reservation fee of £250 to reserve a date for 7 days, the package terms/offer that you have been quoted will remain in force/ be honoured during that 7 days, at the end of which time the contract and associated paperwork will need to be returned.
Reserve your Wedding Date
within 30 days of viewing
(actual viewings to take place after Coronavirus Quarantine lifted)
to qualify for our 2022 Weddings Free Welcome Drinks and Canapes offer
The Lower Gardens at Craig y Nos Castle, by River Tawe
Our 'Free Welcome Drinks & Caapes' offer saves you £8.00/ guest off the cost of a Weekend Wedding Package in 2022.
- Applies to Friday & Saturday weddings in 2022 only
- Only applies if you book a wedding viewing using form on this page
- You must view the venue once Coronavirus Quarantine lifted and once you have viewed, you must reserve your wedding date within 30 days of your viewing to qualify for our Free Welcome Drinks & Canapes offer
To book a viewing of Craig y Nos Castle please use the quick-form below
See Viewing times available here first then return to THIS form for the Offer
NB: Actual Viewings will not take place until after Coronavirus Quarantine lifted
Do not enter a viewing date at this time, just complete the form to signify interest
and we will contact you once viewings can resume
Should you not be able to visit the castle in person, we'll also offer 'remote viewing' via Skype or What's App. Remote viewings are not available now but will be available after Quarantine lifted, should you not be able to travel here for whatever reason. You can mark this preference on the form below. We cannot offer this service, or any viewings, during weddings or during the Quarantine period.
Please check viewing times availability on the link above first to avoid wedding times and other viewings.
Craig y Nos Castle was awarded the Welsh Wedding Awards Wedding Venue of the Year 2020 at the Awards Presentation on 19/02/2020
Your Wedding Day at Craig y Nos Castle - recommended schedule
Your Wedding Ceremony
13:00 – 13:30
You will be married in the Grade One Listed Opera House. Allow 30-40 minutes for seating guests, the wedding Ceremony itself, and everyone exiting the theatre. Confetti may be thrown within the theatre.
Our theatre wedding room is fully licensed for all weddings and civil ceremonies. Styled on Wagner’s Opera House in Bayreuth, Bavaria with decor fit for elite gatherings, the theatre is licensed for 150 guests.
The ceiling has a glass atrium roof which lets in lots of light. This is generally covered with a blackout cloth to prevent sun-damage to the Grade One theatre's wall paintings and gold leaf paintwork. It can be removed for your wedding on request.
The Theatre is one of only 8 Grade One listed Opera Houses in the UK, one of only two in private ownership.
No other wedding venue in Wales has its own opera house where you can dazzle your audience from your very own stage!
Your Welcome Drinks
13:30 – 14:00
Served either inside in the Nicolini Lounge, or outside in courtyard or gardens
The first room that you see upon entering the Castle, the Nicolini Lounge features a wood burning stove, sumptuous leather chairs and traditionally elegant decor evocative of the room's history as a reception room for visits by nobleman and Royalty.
Welcome drinks may be arranged to spell L O V E, or the Bride and Groom's initials.
Welcome Drinks are served after your Wedding Ceremony.
Your Wedding Photographs in the Courtyard and Grounds
14:00 – 16:00
Photos can be taken in the Gardens & Country Park as well as the Courtyard.
The Country Park Woodland and Boating Lake are popular for photos in all seasons, while the lower gardens allow for photos with the castle in the background.
Around two hours should be allowed for the Wedding Photos as wedding guests may wander off and need shepherding and organising for the photos.
Also you will want plenty of time to get photos of the Happy Couple in various spots around the grounds. Your Wedding Photographer will be familiar with the best locations.
Our two most popular Photographers are Jenkins Photography and Photography First.
There are ample opportunities for unique and memorable photos all around the castle.
Your Wedding Breakfast in the Conservatory
16:00 – 19:00
Around three hours should be allowed for the Wedding Breakfast including Speeches and Toasts. As your wedding banquet is late in the day, you may wish to include Canapes with your Welcome Drinks.
Breath-taking views of the surrounding grounds and a substantial outdoor terrace - enjoy the most romantic day of your life with a delectable wedding banquet overlooking some of the most scenic views in South Wales.
Seating Capacity: 130 Comfortably seats 120 guests (on up to twelve round tables of 10 each, with the remainder on your Head Table).
Your Evening Party & Disco
20:00 – 24:00
You can either have your evening party in the Conservatory or in the Function Room.
Larger weddings will tend to use the main function room as there is more space and the main bar is next to the function room. Smaller weddings often use the Conservatory for Day and Evening.
A finish time of midnight is suggested in Conservatory to avoid disturbing your guests in nearby en-suites. Evening Parties in the main function room can go on later, without disturbing anyone.