The Special Wedding Package requires you to get 50 guests at £75 B&B staying on the night of your wedding.
Other Wedding Packages require fewer overnight.
LMWP 50 - Last Minute Wedding Package (Sunday to Thursday) for 50 day guests at the wedding breakfast and the Last Minute Package for 70 Day Guests on Saturdays each require 20 staying overnight.
LMWP 80 - the Last Minute Wedding Package for 80 guests at the wedding breakfast, which allows added use of the Function Room for the evening party - requires 40 staying overnight.
MWP - Midweek Wedding Package requires 50 guests at wedding breakfast and 25 overnight.
Members Wedding Package - requires no overnight B&B guests but needs 125 guests at the wedding breakfast to achieve free exclusive use of the ground floor function rooms.
There are 25 en-suites including some 'apartment' style en-suites (two with kitchen/ dining areas, allowing anyone with dietary needs to self-cater outside the regular meals at the Castle).
You can split your fifty £75/ PPPN (per person per night) B&B guests at two guests per room over the 25 en-suites, adding extras in the family rooms (above the first two) at £35 PPPN - regardless of age (children in cots are free).
The need to do this arises either if certain double rooms are out of commission for any reason, or if you personally as the Bride and Groom opt to allocate any doubles to single occupancy guests at £75/room. The latter is not advised as single occupancy of any double en-suite means you may struggle to spread your 50 X £75 guests evenly over the available room stock of 25 en-suites.
Though you're unlikely to use the rooms to full capacity, you can in theory get 81 guests in the en-suites with a further 19 in the non en-suite hostel standard 'Nurses Block'.
Total overnight B&B capacity is therefore 100 guests.
Only guests resident on the night
count towards the 50 X £75
1) Only guests resident on the night of the wedding can count towards Special Wedding Package B&B £3,750 target total.
2) Guests above 50 are added at £35 PPPN as extras in family rooms - and also at £35 PPPN based on two sharing if in the Nurses Block.
3) If there is a baby in a cot, this is not chargeable.
For Staff - How to record top-ups in the event of
Wedding not achieving full occupancy of 50 X £75
1) All top ups = 'venue hire' on Events Monitor. Enter top-ups in Nicolini Room column.
2) If there are > 50 guests, add to the Special Wedding Package room use monitor spreadsheet (SRUM) so formula adds £35 PPPN for each extra guest above 50, for the total due.
3) If there are children in rooms, and if B&G anticipate overall occupancy will not reach 50 (or applicable minimum usage quota on their Wedding Package), then older / teenage children may be increased to £75 PPPN by individual arrangement between Bride and Guest. This needs agreeing at the 'room reserve' stage by the bride raising the rate for some children and advising Guests and Reception accordingly.
4) Alternatively B&G can pay a top up to the accommodation account of the wedding guest to bring the guests up to the £75 PPPN rate. Or - to keep children all @ £35 PPPN - the Bride can pay a top-up as 'venue hire', to cover any room use shortfall.
5) Reception please do not include non-chargeable guests in 'number of guests' column in SRUM to avoid spreadsheet auto-summing £35 per baby. Put '+ Baby' in main text by occupant name instead.