Llantrisant Wedding Theme ideas, or Wedding Decor and Wedding Gift Ideas, based on Llantrisant's history, style and culture.
Link your wedding theme, wedding decor and wedding favours to the history, style and sense of place in Llantrisant.
Your wedding theme may be linked to your own past, to key moments in your relationship with each other, your favourite colours, your personal tastes, or you may incorporate some elements of your home town of Llantrisant into your wedding day 'story book'.
When considering wedding decor you may already have plenty of your own ideas for your wedding. Or maybe you are still looking for inspiration?
Reflect the story of Llantrisant in your decor, to connect your personal history in your home town's roots, and your family's location in Llantrisant. You may get some ideas from the history of Llantrisant below, its buildings, street names, or local transport routes etc.
Interesting Facts About Llantrisant you may not know and could use in your wedding theme/ decor/ story:
1. Llantrisant translates as The Parish of the Three Saints. Llantrisant's three saints are St Illtyd, St Gwynno and St Dyfodwg.
2. Llantrisant has been occupied since C.6th.
3. Llantrisant castle was built in 1246. However only one wall of the raven tower remains. Llantrisant Castle was a fortified castle 'second only to Cardiff in military importance'. It was destroyed by Owain Glyndŵr in 1404.
4. Llantrisant longbow men were successful in battle, helping England to victory against the French in the Battle of Crecy (1346), after which the English longbow became England's weapon of choice in the Middle Ages.
5. The 'Beating of the Bounds' is an old tradition where, every seven years, the local children are bounced by elders on to the boundary stones of the old borough. This is to remind each generation of the importance of the borough boundaries. The children are held under the arms and the legs, and their backside is bounced on each of the stones of the old borough. The Beating of the Bounds started in 1346, when Llantrisant was awarded its Royal Charter which gave people the freedom to trade within the borough without paying tolls.
6. Llantrisant is known for its pubs: The New Inn, the Wheatsheaf and the Cross Keys Hotel.
7. The Model House, formerly a workhouse and so called because it was hoped the people who lived there would become model Christians, is now a craft and design centre, and has 35,000 visitors a year. The ground floor galleries showcase glass, ceramics and designer jewellery from local artists, and the upper floors are workshops for individual craftspeople, whose products can be purchased here. There are art and crafts exhibitions through the year together with training workshops.
8. Since 1967 when it transfered from Tower Hill in London, the Royal Mint has made Llantrisant its HQ. The Royal Mint manufacturers all British Coins here. It employs 900 people and there is also a museum - the Mint Museum.
9. Llantrisant male choir is one of the oldest choirs in Wales and tours wolrdwide including USA and Europe and singing at the Royal Albert Hall.
10. The statue to Dr William Price was erected in 1982 and commemorates one of the town’s most famous residents. Dr Price was an eccentric surgeon, chartist, scholar and self-proclaimed druid who pioneered the legalisation of cremation after winning the court case following the death and cremation of his baby son ‘Iesu Grist’. When Dr. Price died at the age of 94, 20,000 witnessed his cremation.
11. Hopkin Hopkins (1736-1754), the world's shortest man at just 2ft 7in tall (and only 13 lbs in weight at his death), came from Llantrisant.
Time from Llantrisant to Craig y Nos Castle Wedding Venue: 59 minutes
Distance from Llantrisant to Craig y Nos Castle Wedding Reception Venue: 39 miles
Ideas for your wedding decorations and wedding theme based on the history of, facts about and facilities and attractions in Llantrisant.
1. Many weddings have a family history board with pictures of the wedding couple from childhood. If you are from Llantrisant you may wish to add some elements of the history of the town to your story board, to give more of a sense of place to your story.
2. You could name your tables after the three saints of Llantrisant, though this would be lost on people not familiar with Llantrisant, and also you would be limited to three tables! If you added in the various pubs Llantrisant is famous for, this would provide you with more tables and more of a sense of place, though pubs and saints may not go together well! You would find more pubs if you include the historical ones since closed.
3. Are there any photographs of either of you at ‘the Beating of the Bounds’! This is possibly unlikely but the story would be of some interest if either of you were – or if any of your relatives from Llantrisant were involved and photographed.
4. Visit the Model House to see if there are any local crafts items, glass items, or jewellery you could buy for wedding gifts, wedding table centres, wedding favours etc.
5. The Royal Mint’s presence in Llantrisant is not commonly known to people outside Llantrisant. Visit the museum for some ideas and maybe buy some coin displays on-line from the Royal Mint as location relevant wedding gifts and favours.
6. Produce a small A5 factsheet about Llantrisant for your wedding tables along the lines of “Did you know” – for example did you know that Llantrisant was the birthplace of the world’s shortest man?
Are you looking for a local venue in or near to Llantrisant, or a 'destination wedding venue'?
You will not have thought of this, for you won't even have realised it yet - at least, not until reading this.
You will have one deciding factor above all others when choosing your wedding venue.
Will you 'go local', choosing a wedding venue in or near to Llantrisant,
or can you go further afield for a more special and unique wedding day?
Provided most of the evening guests are local, you will get lots of extras coming to the evening party. This won't happen if you choose a venue further away ('evening-only' guests won't travel far).
Or would you prefer a more intimate wedding venue, a 'destination wedding venue', where your closest friends and relatives come to your wedding, and where you invite everyone for the whole day?
When you choose a venue further afield, you'll need somewhere all your guests can stay overnight together. Craig y Nos Castle offers accommodation for up to 84 guests. You'll not want your guests traveling between two different locations (for the wedding and for B&B). It is better to have everyone stay at the wedding venue. Having your guests stay over means everyone will party with you late into the night as they have no worries about getting home.
Unlike with a local wedding, when you travel to Craig y Nos, you will not suffer the problem of some guests shooting off early to get home. This can be a problem with local weddings nearer Llantrisant as 'local' means the wedding party dwindles around 11-12 pm, bringing about an earlier finish to the day than you want.
A destination wedding venue such as Craig y Nos Castle in the Brecon Beacons best suits a wedding where you have the same number of guests invited to the wedding breakfast as to the evening do. It will not suit weddings where you want fewer guests for the day part and more for the evening do.
Initially you will consider many different wedding venues: some local to Llantrisant, some further away. You may even search for historic buildings and castles in far flung locations.
But when you come to your short-list, you'll consider not just your own preferences, but your guests' willingness to travel to your chosen wedding venue.
You may have some guests who live some distance away from Llantrisant, who will need to travel to your wedding anyway, so it won't matter to them so much where you get married. You may have more guests on your wedding invitations list who live local to you. These include your friends and neighbours and acquaintances and even work colleagues in and around Llantrisant, for whom it would be more convenient to choose a local wedding venue.
When you draw up your short-list of wedding venues, you'll be asking yourself - 'local or non-local'? This is a key decision you will make, even though you may not have realised it - until now.
You'll ask yourself, do you want a local wedding venue near Llantrisant where all your guests can get to easily - even though you may not find your ideal venue locally?
Inviting a smaller number of guests to your wedding breakfast can sometimes save you money as you're saving on the main meal. This allows you to invite a load more to the evening party.
The decision whether to 'go local' or to go to a more interesting, unique and very special destination will be the first one you make, when drawing up your short-list of venues to visit. Going local means you may have to compromise on the quality and type of wedding venue, but if you are willing to travel, you have no need to compromise on the venue at all.
B&B Offers for Llantrisant Wedding Couples:
To give you an incentive to 'sample' and see Craig y Nos Castle, we offer wedding couples a discounted B&B offer. You can stay overnight for two nights at half price and make a nice B&B break of it. You can even invite relatives to have a look too, and choose a family room if you wish.
So why not combine your hunt for a wonderful wedding venue with a relaxing B&B break somewhere new and scenic!
Craig y Nos Castle is a popular destination wedding venue for couples all over the UK. It combines the attraction of getting married in a real castle, where you can become the princess of your own fairytale castle for the day, with experiencing a historic building (yours exclusively for the day) in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The mountain scenery of the Brecon Beacons National Park guarantees you stunning photo opportunities both inside and outside the castle. The Grade One Listed Opera House makes a fantastic setting for your wedding ceremony. You get exclusive use of the whole castle ground floor function rooms for you and your wedding guests when you have over 125 guests to your wedding breakfast.
Craig y Nos Castle is a truly magical and unique castle wedding venue that Brides and Grooms can now readily afford.