What's included in our Special Wedding Package
Wedding Packages > Wedding Packages
- This is our Castle Wedding Packages - 'Special Weekend Wedding Package what's included' Page. For more wedding packages, see Wedding Package Index at bottom of page.
Weekend Wedding Package
Three Course Wedding Breakfast
Castle Drinks Package
Table Linen, Cake Stand, Chair covers, etc
Guaranteed Best Value for Money
Discounted Exclusive use of our
Castle Wedding Venue
Saturday Weddings - Minimum 70 day guests, with maximum of 130 day & 150 night
Friday Weddings - Minimum 60 day guests, with maximum of 130 day & 150 night
Your Wedding in a Castle - Exclusively Yours
"We only allow one wedding a day
for it's your special day!"
1. Three course Wedding Breakfast (two choices of Starter, two choices of Mains and two choices of Pudding offered).
2. Exclusive use (see chart for venue rates for each calendar year depending on year of wedding) of all castle ground floor function rooms. Yours is the only wedding reception at the castle on your wedding day.
Exclusive use includes:
- our very own opera house licensed for Wedding Ceremonies for your Wedding Ceremony
- our stunning Conservatory for your Wedding Banquet, and
- our evening Function Room & Bar for your evening disco and party.
- exclusive use also includes our Nicolini Sitting Room for your welcome drinks & our Breakfast room lounge, plus Candelabra for tables.
3. White Chair Covers & Bows.
- White Chair Covers are offered free of charge in one room - either the Ceremony room OR the Conservatory Banqueting room. Great choice of coloured bows!
A Saturday Wedding has a minimum of 70 guests. Includes exclusive use of venue, candelabra, chair covers, three course wedding breakfast, castle drinks package and evening buffet.
See tariff for your Wedding on a Saturday based on your guest numbers, here.
"We attended the wedding of some good pals and drove nearly 5hrs each way to get there. Worth it! The room we stayed in was lovely, the place was full of character and the staff were another level; so nice and clearly so genuine with it....." Read more
A Friday Wedding has a minimum of 60 guests. Includes exclusive use of venue, chair covers, candelabra, three course Wedding Breakfast, Castle Drinks Package and Evening Finger Buffet.
Fridays are popular as Guests can stay TWO nights, with night before your wedding at 30% off on the B&B.
For a Wedding on a Friday, see tariffs here.
"I got married yesterday and couldn’t ask for more helpful service and a more beautiful place to get married. Everyone was amazing and nothing was too much to ask. The wedding planner Nicola was particularly amazing. Food was great too 👍🏼Would absolutely recommend ❤️ ....." Read more
Additional Day guests can be added up to a maximum of 130 in Conservatory (or up to 150 in main function room).
Best Value for Money Guarantee: if you find an equivalent competing venue charging a lower rate for an equivalent wedding package, we will match their rate - read more about our value for money guarantee here.
- Lakeland walks in Craig y Nos Country Park with great photo opportunities and mountain scenery all around
- Discounts from our wedding suppliers
- Original 150 yr old Summer house, fully restored, in lower gardens for further photos
- Exclusive Use of castle ground floor function rooms for your wedding in Wales.
- Wedding Reception Room - stunning views for your Wedding Breakfast
- Wedding Function room - late night disco
- Wedding Breakfast three courses
- Wedding Ceremony room - historic Grade One listed Opera House
- White Chaircovers, Napkins, table cloths, Wedding Breakfast tables ready to add your own table decorations
Terms & Conditions
- Invite a minimum of 70 day guests to your wedding breakfast on a Saturday, for the whole castle exclusive. See Saturday Wedding Tariffs for each year here.
- Invite a minimum of 60 day guests to your wedding breakfast on a Friday, for the whole castle exclusive. See Friday Wedding Tarifs for each year here.
- You guarantee 50 of your guests will stay overnight at Craig y Nos Castle on the night of your wedding at £75 PPPN B&B based on two sharing a room. Your guests pay for their OWN accommodation.
- Should you have lower numbers than the Package minimum, you can opt to pay a 'top-up' for the balance to secure this Wedding Deal.
- If choosing your own DJ, and not using SWEEP, please see terms on employing your own DJ here.
- Your wedding has 'Full Exclusive use' of the Ground Floor Function Rooms Day & Evening, and the 25 en-suite rooms in the castle.
- Only the initial 25 en-suites reserved for your wedding party are exclusive to you, on our Special Weekend Wedding Package. If more than the initial 25 en-suites are required, these must be reserved as additional rooms.
- The 25 en-suites reserved under this package does not include the non en-suite budget rooms in the Nurses Building or non en-suite rooms AB 18,19,20 nor any additional en-suites above the first 25, unless also reserved to your wedding account.
- If you require extra en-suites and any non ensuite rooms for overflow guests, you must book them specifically to your account.
- See accommodation discounts for guests wishing to stay the night before your wedding.
- Add extra day guests up to 130 for the standard three course wedding breakfast (includes chaircovers in one room and exclusive use of all the ground floor function rooms), Castle Drinks Package and Evening Finger Buffet.
- Add evening only extras up to 200.
- Add Canapes with welcome drinks from £3.30 head (2024) for the chef's selection of canapes.
Evening Entertainment Package Upgrade:
- See Special Wedding Evening Entertainment Package (SWEEP) - Comprises Evening Buffet + Specialist DJ evening entertainment service including Evening Videography of First Dance and 'Dancing on Clouds'. As the Evening Buffet is included in our wedding package, you can book the DJ's service direct.
B&B & Planning
1. B&B en-suites @£75/ guest based on two sharing an en-suite. Minimum of 2 guests @ £75 each per double en-suite room. Above 50 overnight guests, once all doubles are filled at £150 / room, B&B is £50/ guest, for extras in family rooms. Or £35/ guest (£70/ room) in budget Nurses Block.
2. See 'how to fit 50 guests in the castle' to fit in all your guests and see all related links on accommodation options and capacity.
3. See Planning your wedding at the Castle and follow this link to the forms and templates pages.
Staying Night Before
1. The night before your wedding, if available, may be booked by your guests at a 30% discount (if staying in the same room two consecutive nights) subject to availability and the '6 month rule'.
2. The 6 month rule is applied to Saturday weddings in respect of Fridays. This means we wait till 6 months before your wedding, if your wedding is on a Saturday, before releasing bedrooms for your guests to book the night before.
3. For a Friday wedding we allow guests to book up to 10 rooms the night before, but keep a few rooms (15) clear for any possible midweek wedding booking, until 6 months prior to your wedding.
4. All rooms can be booked by your guests to stay the night before, if available, 6 months or less, before your wedding.
Dining night before a wedding
We need a minimum of 16 people pre-booked to open the dining room for dinners to be served the night before a wedding. Provided there is no exclusive use wedding or other exclusive event on the night before your wedding, we can serve evening meals to your guests. If you would like to have guests dine with us at the castle before your wedding, please let us know in advance.
We do not allow any food to be consumed on the castle ground floor / public dining areas, unless purchased at the Castle. Food not bought at the castle may only be consumed in the privacy of your own accommodation or in any self-catering accommodation – such as TGRA, TFFF, or Nurses Block - but only in the latter if it is booked out by a Wedding Party in its entirety, as in 'all rooms in the Nurses Building are rented out by your party'.
4. Smaller Weddings - see our Weekday Wedding Packages.
5. Reviews of our Wedding Venue in South Wales, see Brides' reviews 2021 here and you can see reviews for earlier years also, going back at least 10 years!
If you cannot visit the castle in person, we offer 'remote viewings' via What's App. Please check viewing times availability first.
...the perfect venue for the best day of our lives and will always hold a special place in our hearts
KJ recommends The Official Craig y Nos Castle. "We got married here almost 8 weeks ago but it was just under 3 years ago that We fell in love with this beautiful castle. It is full of history, beauty and charm and is set in the most breath taking, beautiful welsh landscape! It made the perfect venue for the best day of our lives and will always hold a special place in our hearts. A massive thank you to all the staff at the castle for looking after us and our friends and family on our day and the many months leading up to it. But a special thank you to molly for being so attentive- I sent so many emails( mostly panicking about a small detail) but she always re assured me and nothing was too much trouble. If you are looking for a wedding venue then I would seriously recommend Craig y nos castle!!!!"
detailed pricing table
for all our main wedding packages
Enjoy a Homely Welcome and Friendly Service at Craig y Nos Castle