Your Wedding in a Castle - Exclusively Yours
"We only allow one wedding a day
so our castle is yours for your special day."
Update 18/03/2021: The resumption of large social gatherings and 'normal' weddings is probably still some way off. Boris's roadmap for England suggests a return to normality by Aug 2021. Wales has yet to announce its own dates. The vaccine rollout is going well but vaccine supply issues could delay everyone getting the vaccine. This could mean 'social distancing' restrictions on the number of guests that you are allowed will last for longer.
The minimum number of guests you need for the Last Minute Wedding Package is 50. We hope this number will be allowed by August 2021 - see dates we estimate you can book a Last Minute wedding here.
Our Best Wedding Deal
- is right here!
Exceptional Last Minute Wedding Package
Chefs Selection of Canapes
2 course Wedding Breakfast
Exclusive Use of Conservatory Day & Night
White Chair Covers
Free Bridal Suite
the above would be £60.50 per day guest on all our other wedding packages
All for only £40/Day Guest
Min. 50 day guests on Last Minute / Winter dates on green shaded months on 2021 calendar (normally next 6 months ahead)
Min. 80 Guests Day & Night on dates on pale green months on 2021 calendar (normally 7-8 month ahead)
Maximum capacity is 130 in Conservatory by Day & 150 at Night
Last Minute Wedding Package
£2,000 for 50 guests
Add extra guests @ just £40/ head
.... and no venue hire fee
What's Included for just £40/ day guest!
Welcome Drinks worth £5.00/ guest
Chef's Selection of Canapes (served with Welcome Drinks) worth £3.00/ guest
Sumptuous two course Wedding Breakfast worth £50.00/ guest
Opera house for your Wedding Ceremony
Fabulous photo opportunities inside and outside the Castle
Nicolini Room Lounge and Breakfast Room lounge
Free Bridal Suite for Bridal Couple on night of wedding
Table linen and napkins in white
Candelabra (add your own decorations) worth £250
Welsh Cakes worth £1.00/ guest
White Chair Covers in Theatre or Conservatory worth £1.50/ guest
All the above is normally £60.50/ day guest, reduced to £40/ guest on this package
Dates available for Last Minute Package
While COVID restricts guest numbers on weddings, we have to guesstimate when the permitted numbers here in Wales will increase up to the minimum of 50 day guests required under this package. Our guessed at date keeps moving forward.
If you have 50 guests you can book 'Last Minute' (LMWP50) weddings up to 6 months ahead, and if you have 80 guests, you can book a Last Minute (LMWP80) wedding 7-8 months ahead provided 80 guests are 'allowed'.
The colour codes on the 2021 Availability chart show you when you can book both LMWP50 and LMWP80 for - see Dark Green Months for LMWP50 in 2021 and Light Green for LMWP80.
There are now some months in 2022 which qualify for Last Minute Weddings - see green shaded 2022 months eligible for Last Minute deals here.
As long as COVID rules limit weddings to below 50 guests, you are unable to book a Last Minute Wedding as you need 50 guests minimum. If you book a Last Minute wedding with us and then find you still cannot hold a wedding for the required minimum of 50 guests, you then can do one of the following:
1. Move your wedding date forward at no charge and on same Last Minute Terms to any new date within the Last Minute date range (i.e. up to 6-8 months ahead on the 2021 calendar)
2. Swap to the Intimate Wedding Package on Intimate Wedding Package terms - min 25 guests.
3. Have a Ceremony Only wedding with any smaller allowed guest numbers on the original date, postponing the main wedding reception 6-8 months ahead.
Bookings on Last Minute Package
more than 8 months ahead
If you have 80 guests minimum for day and evening, you can book Last Minute weddings 7-8 months ahead - see pale green months on the calender here.
For 9 months ahead or more, see our Privileged Waiting List here.
Best Value Guarantee*
Our Last Minute Package should not be beaten on price by any of our competitors -
but if it is, we will match their lower tariff - read more*
Simple COVID safe system for booking 2022 and 2023 wedding dates 'remotely'
1. Arrange an on-line viewing with a wedding planner via What's App / Skype.
2. Reserve your date after your on line viewing - pay initial £250 deposit to reserve your date (refundable if do not go ahead).
3. View venue in person on or after 17th April.
4. Confirm you wish to go ahead with your reserved date within 7 days of viewing in person. You then sign wedding contract and arrange to pay rest of wedding deposit.
We've added a load of extras and discounts (collectively worth £20.50/ guest) compared with our main Weekend and Weekday Wedding Packages.
This means our Last Minute Wedding Package is truly great value. It is unbeatable and we guarantee no other venue can offer such a comprehensive wedding package in an equivalent wedding venue with exclusive use at these rates.
We've reduced the minimum number of day guests for Saturdays from 70 to 50 to make Saturdays even more attractive for Last Minute Weddings.
Full exclusive use Venue Hire for the Castle is £3,500 under our regular tariff - we've removed the exclusive use venue hire fee for all Last Minute Weddings.
To book a viewing of Craig y Nos Castle please use the quick-form below
Should you not be able to visit the castle in person, we are now offering 'remote viewing' via Skype or What's App. You can mark this preference on the form below. We cannot offer this service, or any viewings, during weddings. Please check viewing times availability on the link above first to avoid wedding times and other viewings.
Last Minute Wedding Package
Upgrade to full Exclusive Use all ground floor
80 Guests to Wedding Breakfast and 80 to Evening Buffet
With minimum 40 overnight
Free Exclusive Use of all the Castle ground floor function rooms when you upgrade to 80 day guests plus 80 guests having the full evening buffet. For exclusive use, our separate evening function room and main bar is added so you have all the castle function rooms exclusive to your wedding. For full exclusive use - see terms
We got married here on the 15th December and I couldn’t recommend this place enough . Fantastic food, venue, staff. Everybody was so helpful during the day and it all went so smoothly. Adrianne was amazing; she had everything down to a tea and couldn’t thank her enough for all the hard work she has put in 💓 My guests were so complimentary and some even said it was a magical wedding. So want to say a big Thankyou to everybody. Especially our photographer Andrew Jenkins and Pure DJ you were both amazing 😊 Highly recommend this place either for a stay or wedding.
You get all this on our
Last Minute Wedding Package
- Sumptuous Two Course Wedding Breakfast served in our Conservatory with all the trimmings, including white chair covers & bows
- Your Wedding Ceremony in our Grade One Listed Opera House and Gold Thrones on stage for Registry Pictures and Signing
- Free Exclusive use of our beautiful glass conservatory with 'marquee style' draped ceiling for your Wedding Breakfast and evening Wedding Party, Gold majestic chairs for dining and silver gilt chairs for ceremony room, table linen and napkins in white and all the table wear trimmings, Cake stand and knife, free use of our sophisticated silver candelabra, or our new gold candelabras with electric candles for a romantic atmosphere!
- Stunning Views and acres of beautiful country park - the romantic backdrop of the Brecon Beacons and the Castle itself for pictures on your special dayTo view the venue please complete a viewing request here
When you are looking at many venues, you may be confused! All the different packages on offer, different rates for different dates, at all the venues you are planning to view. How do you make sense of it all!?
Here at Craig y Nos we keep it simple. We offer you a 2 course wedding breakfast, adding in Welcome Drinks served with Chef's Selection of Canapes, Ceremony Room for your Wedding Ceremony, and exclusive use of the Conservatory for your wedding banquet at the lowest rate per guest you are likely to find anywhere. There is NO venue hire. Bring your wedding date forward for huge savings!
Our Last Minute Wedding Package is exceptional value; we know it is unlikely to be bettered by any other equivalent wedding venue, anywhere in the UK. So confident are we that we're offering a Best Value Pice Guarantee on this package. So you do not need to look at any other venue!
Waste no more time shopping around - you have found your venue here! All you need to do is book a viewing and confirm Craig y Nos Castle is the right choice for you.
See more on savings on Last Minute Weddings over our Regular Tariff and other wedding packages here.
NB: We only 'block out' 10 or 20 bedrooms (up to either 20 or 40 guests) under the Last Minute Wedding Package - read more
How to Book a Last Minute Wedding
Arrange a viewing ASAP. Once your Wedding Contract is signed and the £2,000 Last Minute Wedding Deposit is paid in full, your date is booked.
- Add extra day guests above first 50, for just £40 per guest for the 2 course wedding breakfast and welcome drinks package with canapes and welsh cakes.
- You can if you wish also add a third course to your Wedding Breakfast for £7.00/ head.
Recommended / Customary Extras traditionally provided by Couples for guests:
- After Ceremony Welcome Drinks do not need to be added as they are included in the Last Minute Wedding Package - so this saves £5 off the normal £19.50 head Wedding Drinks Package meaning that you need only add the Wedding Banquet Table Wine and Toasting Champagne for £14.50 head.
- Either: Evening Buffet @ £17.00/ head.
- Or: Special Wedding Evening Entertainment Package (SWEEP) - Comprises Evening Buffet + Pure Weddings Specialist DJ evening entertainment service (worth over £1,000) including Evening Videography of First Dance and 'Dancing on Clouds' - £25.00 per head (requires minimum of 75 guests)
To view, please complete the viewing form.
Dec 2019: My (now) wife and I visited Craig Y Nos castle when we started looking at potential wedding venues back in June 2019. We met with Adrianne one of the castles wedding planners who left no doubt in our mind that our search was over after the first look at a venue. We booked on a last minute wedding package for December so my Christmas obsessed wife could have her christmasy wedding. This gave us just 6 months to plan everything! Adrianne (AKA: Sedge) was a god send. She is absolutely dedicated to her role and went out of her way to make our day incredible. She just seemed to be available at all hours of the day when my wife had a moment of panic that something needed changed or forgotten and would resolve any queries without hesitation. Adrianne is a leading example of the staff at Craig Y Nos who are all dedicated to help things run smoothly. The chef helped to get our Christmas dinner and Christmas pudding reception up and running with some beautifully cooked food and a home made Christmas pudding that was utterly incredible. The Staff at the castle made everyone feel welcome and rushed about tirelessly to ensure everyone had what they needed. Honestly, what a fantastic bunch of hard working and dedicated people. Over all, we had an amazing day. The views and the castle helped make our wedding a day to remember for all involved. We are in no doubt that we made the right decision. Thank you so much to everyone involved!
We can accept Intimate Wedding Bookings once minimum numbers permitted at a wedding under COVID rules are > 25.
Date availability in 2021 is getting squeezed as existing bookings postpone. New bookings may not find a weekend date. Large weddings should only consider 2022 onwards. Existing clients should ensure they have a secondary 2022 reserve date in place to postpone into. We will postpone for free if due to Coronavirus. Free postponement terms should be negotiated with your other wedding suppliers if possible.
|Weekend Wedding Package|
|Special Wedding Evening Entertainment Package|
detailed pricing table
for all our main wedding packages