- This is our Rooms Family Rooms Advisory Page on reserving family rooms for families and their possible use for singles willing to share a family room which has separate bedrooms within an 'apartment'. For more Room Reserving Guidance, see our Castle Accommodation Guide Index or scroll to bottom of page.
* Subject to
1) Once you are above the minimum number of overnight guests at £75/head that is required under your Wedding Package, extra guests may be added to family rooms above the first two, at £35 PPPN B&B.
2) For every en-suite you need a minimum of 2/ room @ £75/guest. This means any singles in a double en-suite are charged at £150/ room.
3) Children are £35 PPPN, subject to you reaching the minimum number of adults at £75/ guest on your Wedding Package and subject to a minimum of two adults per en-suite at £75 each.
Single occupancy - your choices
1) If any doubles are used for single occupancy, you may run out of en-suites. You could use AB15 and TFFF for up to 4 X £75 to achieve the Special Wedding Package's 50 @ £75 target. AB15 and TFFF may be used by arrangement with us, for a 3 or 4 X £75 tariff, if any double en-suites are unavailable or if you've used doubles for singles.
2) Couples should avoid putting singles into doubles. Doing so risks reducing capacity below your Accommodation Guarantee of 50 X £75 (£3,750) under the Special Weekend Wedding Package, and can make you liable for a top-up.
3) Singles are better placed in non en-suite Nurses Block rooms. Or you could put two singles who know each other reasonably well into AB15 / TFFF - where the two singles can each have a separate bedroom but will share the en-suite.
4) To avoid a top-up liability, unless agreed otherwise with you, we charge singles in double en-suites at £150/ room, not £75/ room, so your accommodation guarantee can still be reached. If you want us to charge £75/ room single occupancy for any double rooms, discuss this with us. If you offer any Doubles as singles, the two smallest Doubles are AB32 and AB33. Use these for single use occupancy rather than any of the larger doubles.
5) The open-plan family rooms, AB25 and AB31, should only be used by families with children; the first two occupants = £75 PPPN, and children/extras = £35 PPPN. See more on pricing for family rooms below.
1) All en-suites are charged at £150 for two, and all double en-suites will be charged at £150 for single occupancy unless agreed otherwise. We charge £150/ double room minimum to ensure you can meet your Accommodation quota.________________________________Pricing of Doubles & Family Rooms____________________________
2) Family rooms are 2 X £75 for the first two guests, then £35 per guest > 2 unless agreed otherwise.
3) AB15 and TFFF can be charged at £75/ adult up to 4 adults if you are short of double en-suites. As we have 26 en-suites this should not arise unless you have too many singles occupying doubles. TFFF and AB15, can be:
(i) 2 X £75 and £35 for extras,(ii) used as twins with single occupancy of each double room @ £75 each, or(iii) 3 X £75 or(iv) 4 X £75 etc.
4) Bride and Groom may plan their guests' family room allocation in advance, and advise their guests of their choice of (family) room and the tariff applicable.
5) If you want any double en-suites as a single at £75 PPPN instead of the double room rate of 2 X £75, you will either 'top-up' the shortfall yourself, OR arrange extra £75's in AB15/ TFFF as above.
6) You may agree our charge for Singles at £150 per double room. Or you may choose to subsidise any singles occupying doubles by paying the balance yourself.
7) Brides can advise guests in their invites, which rooms to book and at what tariff, and may reserve rooms in the names of specific guests before they call to confirm their booking.
8) The family rooms are AB13, AB15, AB16, AB25, AB31, Theatre Green Room and TFFF.
3. Any amount received that is less than the SRUM calculated total due, is payable by you as a 'top up'. Also, if there are less than 50 X £75 on the Special Wedding Package, the shortfall is calculated for you on the SRUM.
4. A copy of the SRUM is sent to you on request to update you on your bookings. It assumes 50 X £75 = £3,750 as a base point. It will need manually adjusting where your Wedding Package has a lower Accommodation Guarantee.
5. Any shortfall in use of rooms by guests or amounts paid according to the Wedding Accommodation Tariffs on this page, is paid by the Bride & Groom as a top-up.
Nurses Building: Sleeps 21 guests, at £35 B&B per head based on two sharing a double room.
There is only ONE single room (NB11). Rooms 1-10 in the Nurses Block are all charged at £70/room whether you have two occupants or one occupant in the bedroom. These rooms are used for overflow guests once en-suites and family rooms are full, and also for singles.
The Nurses budget rooms (not en-suite) can also be used the night before the wedding for any guests unable to stay in the en-suites. Use these rooms if there is another wedding before yours occupying the en-suites on the night before your wedding.