1. Exclusive Use of the Conservatory
The Conservatory is normally £790 to hire weekends, £592.50 weekdays - but we offer this free for former Brides who have married at the Castle and for 'Castle Members'.
If you did not marry at the castle, then you can join as a Member to secure free exclusive use of the Conservatory for your Wedding Anniversary Party.
2. Two Choices of Catering - A Formal Dinner or a relaxed Afternoon Tea followed by an Evening Buffet:
For a formal sit-down occasion: this is where you might decorate your dining tables with candles and table centres, have a formal seating plan and set everything up in the Conservatory much as you would for a wedding event.
In this option you can book a formal two course dinner. Select two courses from our Standard Wedding Breakfast.
Your formal dinner may be held in the afternoon (like a Wedding Breakfast). This would suit a full day event starting maybe at 1 or 2 pm, perhaps with welcome drinks served on the lawn or in the reception lounge for guests upon their arrival.
With an early luncheon you also have the option of supplementing with an evening buffet later at night. For the evening buffet option you add £17/ head. This allows you to opt for a smaller day event and invite separate 'evening only' guests for a larger evening do.
If instead you wish to hold an 'evening only' event, book your formal sit-down dinner for later in the evening and follow it on with dancing and a disco. There is then no need for an evening buffet as your party has dined later in the evening.
Alternatively and for a more informal event, you could do without a formal dinner and instead book a combination of an Afternoon Tea and an Evening Buffet. You can do this for the same rate as the formal dinner option - £40/guest.
If the weather is fine you may have your afternoon tea served in the garden. If it is cooler or wet, you can take tea inside in our stunning Conservatory, with its terraces overlooking the Country Park. A decision on this could be left to the day itself, as it is weather dependent.
Following Prince Charles's formal tea here, we have plenty of tiered cake stands. We can offer traditional teas with all the trimmings. Our Afternoon tea comprises a generous selection of delicate cut sandwiches, scones and cream and mouth-watering cakes, washed down with a pot of tea of your choice, and accompanied by a glass of Pimm's.
You would then follow on with dancing and later in the evening we will serve your choice of Evening Buffet - see our Evening Buffet selections.
3. Late Bar for guests, Conservatory Disco/ Bar, and options for use of Main Bar and Function room
You can either use the main Patti Bar (officially this is non-exclusive use as we will have other B&B guests staying), or we can stock up and staff your own personal mini-Bar (exclusive use) within the Conservatory (guests pay for their own drinks at the bar).
Larger Anniversary Parties of 80 or more guests will be able to use the main bar non-exclusively as we can move non-event guests into the Function room for their evening meals.
The Function room could also be used for your evening disco but only if your event is large enough to justify this larger room - maybe at above 100 evening guests. As this means we're unable to offer evening meals to non-event guests this reduces our ability to offer B&B to non event guests. To compensate for this, we will need to charge you venue hire on the use of the main Function Room - see tariff for Patti Bar, Music Room & Billiard room here - or you can secure free venue hire of the main Function room for your evening party if you commit to having 25 of your own party guests staying overnight. Your overnight guests would pay for their own rooms at the wedding tariff of £75/ guest based on two sharing an en-suite.
Most Wedding Anniversaries tend to be smaller and so would have their evening event and disco in the Conservatory.
4. Projector and Screen for streaming photographs and videos straight from your laptop - so you can even screen a selection of your Wedding Photographs and any memorable family Videos/ DVDs at your Party.
There is a discounted DJ Package - Pure DJ here. Or if you have 80 evening guests or more having an evening buffet, you could choose to incorporate our Evening Entertainment Package which has a load of extras on the DJ Package. For the latter you may be having a larger evening event (above 80 - 100 evening guests or more) and you may want to add the Function room as above.
For smaller events, below 80 guests, there is enough room for the DJ and dance floor in the Conservatory.
Wedding Anniversary Party -
Wedding Anniversary Party
Tariff & Terms
1. You can book any available weekday Sunday to Thursday - see 2020 availability here. As Saturdays are primarily reserved for our main wedding packages, you can only book Saturdays for 'last minute dates' (dates within next 6 months and Jan Feb March of next year).
2. Minimum 40 guests weekdays, minimum 50 guests on Winter Fridays (Oct - April) and a minimum of 60 guests on Summer Fridays (May-Sept). Saturdays if booked 'last minute' or a Jan Feb March date also require minimum 60 guests.
2. Cost per guest £40.00
3. Weekday Venue Hire for the Conservatory is £592.50 and Weekend hire is £790 - however this is waived for (a) Brides & Grooms who have married at the Castle and also for (b) Members of the Craig y Nos Castle Members Club.
4. Accommodation for guests is optional but discounts apply to longer B&B stays with 50% off on the second and each subsequent night of a stay of 2 days or more. Guests pay £150/ double en-suite based on two sharing for one night's B&B at weekends and £140 on Weekdays, with 50% off on the second and each subsequent night of a longer B&B stay.
Members Club Accommodation: see Members Club. A 50% B&B discount on the first and every night applies to Castle Members. Members may also book up to three double rooms at this rate for up to 6 Guests (3 double en-suites).
5. To Book your Wedding Anniversary Party - you should first book a viewing and discuss your plans with one of our Wedding Planners.
If you wish to book a date, we will require an initial non-refundable deposit of £2,000.00, with the full balance payable one week before the Event. The deposit may be paid in 8 equal instalments of £250 PCM provided the full deposit is paid 3 months before the event.
6. If you did not marry at the Castle, join the Members Club for free exclusive use of the Conservatory. You pay £30 PCM. This builds up your Members Balance which you then use for discounted B&B, drinks at the Bar, Evening Meals, and can put towards your Wedding Anniversary Party.