Your Wedding Ceremony in an Opera House
with Welcome Drinks in Castle Courtyard after Ceremony
For Couples who just wish to get married inexpensively a Castle Wedding Ceremony & Welcome Drinks mini-package is £500.
Your Wedding Ceremony at Craig y Nos Castle includes:
- Opera House for your wedding Ceremony, set up with a nice floral display (worth £100) on table and on pedestals as shown above.
- Tables and chairs for Registrar and for Wedding Couple's signing of Register.
- Blue aisle carpet with blue seated, silver Cheltenham Gilt chairs.
- Welcome Drinks for up to 30 guests in Courtyard after Ceremony or in castle.
- You will need to book and pay for the Registrar separately. Registrar's details here. Check Registrar's availability and give the Registrar at least a month's notice.
- Castle's Opera House, Courtyard and Gardens for photographs before and after Ceremony. See Recommended Wedding Photographers here if you wish to hire a professional.
- Daytime use one En-Suite room for Bride & Bridesmaids to get ready in before Ceremony (and to change again after the Ceremony if required)
- A Ceremony Only Wedding must be held on a Monday or Tuesday if booked more then 6 months ahead, or a Wednesday or Thursday if booked within next 6 months, to avoid blocking off a day for any full wedding reception that may want the date.
3 Optional Extras
1. Add White Chair Covers and Bows for £1.50 a chair - minimum price £15.00 for minimum of 10 chairs.
2. Additional daytime use of rooms for guests to change in - £50 per en-suite (to allow for thorough cleaning before and after each use).
3. Nicolini Room for Welcome Drinks available if weather precludes outside welcome drinks. Kindly note that the bar will not be open unless you have a large gathering that are likely to use the bar in addition to having welcome drinks.
Our Ceremony Only Wedding only allows for the use of the Theatre, which you enter via the Theatre glass doors, and the Courtyard or Theatre Gardens for welcome drinks served outside.
You may use Castle's Lower Gardens for special photos. Access to the Castle proper may not be available for your guests if there are other booked events taking place inside.
Upgrade to any Full Wedding Package
for a full wedding or anniversary celebration with all your guests
on any date within 6 months of your 'Ceremony only Wedding'
and we will deduct 50% of your 'Ceremony Only' £250 fee
off the cost of your chosen wedding package.
If within 6 months of your Ceremony Only Wedding you book a Full Wedding Package, you may deduct £250 from your wedding deposit on any wedding package. This means 50% of the £500 cost of your Ceremony in the Theatre, can be offset from the cost of any of our Wedding Packages on this site.
You will need to pay the Registrar their fee for marrying you, and would need to hire a Celebrant for your subsequent formal wedding, anniversary celebration or any 'Renewal of Vows' event later.
To take up this offer you simply book both your 'Ceremony only' date now. The £250 is then deducted from the standard deposit (£2,000) if you subsequently book one of our wedding packages. This Upgrade Offer can be taken within 6 months of your Ceremony.
Get Married now for £500
then have your main wedding reception
on or near an anniversary date
a year or two later
using a 'Celebrant'
Can't budget to get married now? Yes, you can!
Marry for £500* now and book your main wedding reception and full Wedding Day for later, giving you time to save up for your Dream Wedding Day at Craig y Nos Castle.
*£500 is the cost for using the Opera House and having Welcome Drinks etc - see what's included here.
You will separately need to book and pay the Registrar to actually marry you. See registrar's details here.
Hiring your Wedding Celebrant
for a full wedding later
If you get married under our Ceremony Only offer, you can still book a Wedding Package later. You repeat the Wedding Ceremony on your Wedding Reception Date with all guests present, when you are ready to have a full wedding day.
As you will already be legally married, you do not need to re-hire the Registrar (indeed you would not be able to). Instead you have a beautiful personalised wedding ceremony created for you by a Wedding Celebrant.
This means you can still have your everything-you-dreamed-of Wedding Day, with a full Wedding Ceremony, Wedding Photographs, Welcome Drinks, Wedding Breakfast and Evening Party later, when the time is right for you.
So you have the Legal part of the wedding, first, and the main Wedding Celebrations, Ceremony, Wedding Photographs and Reception, Wedding Breakfast and Evening Party later - with a Celebrant creating your perfect "Wedding Ceremony".
Here is a celebrant: Helen Williams / Wedding & Family Celebrant - contact her on email@example.com / 07986 526732.
detailed pricing table
for all our main wedding packages
Enjoy a Homely Welcome and Friendly Service at Craig y Nos Castle