Terms & Conditions for the
Armed Forces & Emergency Services Wedding Package
Dates you can select & changing the date at short notice
The Armed Forces & Emergency Services Wedding Package is based on the Last Minute Wedding Package and so has the same basic terms, plus the terms and conditions shown on this page. Namely, you need a minimum of 50 guests at your wedding breakfast on Sun to Thurs, 60 on Fridays, and 80 minimum on Saturdays, together with a minimum of 20 guests staying overnight in the castle's en-suites at £75 PPPN (per person per night) B&B.
The main terms and conditions for the Armed Forces Wedding Package, including how to upgrade to full exclusive use of all function rooms, are based on the terms for the Last Minute Wedding Package.
For Further Terms and Conditions specific to the Armed Forces Wedding Package, see the bottom of this page, below the Chart, as well as the chart itself. These mainly relate to the 'wedding date moving' terms.
|- 1 -||- 2 -||- 3 -||- 4 -|
Moving your Wedding Date - Notification Periods
|'Move the Date' - Date range you can book/ rebook your Wedding into||'Move the Date' - fees||Charge/ Cost / General Information|
|Booking the Date for the first time||Any available date within date range on Last Minute Wedding Package, and also any available weekday (Sun to Thurs) within 2 years of now||See below||£1,800 for Armed Forces & Emergency Services Wedding Package Min. 40 guests, and £45/head for each additional guest above 40, any available Weekday date (Sun to Thursday) up to two years ahead - or on any available Friday or Saturday within the date range specified on the Last Minute Wedding Wedding Package page.|
|Moving the wedding date at 6 months or more notice||Rebook into any available date within calendar year your original booking was for, or Jan Feb March the following year||No charge||The 'Move the Date' fees in Column 3, if any, are payable immediately upon rebooking your wedding date.|
Note that moving the date of your wedding booking forward by three months or less may incur a lesser, or no charge, compared with moving it further forward.
Note also that the shorter notice you give, there are higher 'Move the Date' fees in Column 3.
In the event that you postpone your date a second time, a further charge of £500 will be payable on rebooking your date a second time, in addition to the fee (if any) shown in the 'Move the Date' fees column 3.
|Moving the wedding date at less than 6 months notice but more than one months notice||Rebook your wedding into any available date within the next three months||No charge|
|Immediately rebook into any available date within the calendar year your original booking was for, or Jan Feb March the following year||£250|
|Moving the wedding date at less than one months notice but more than one weeks notice||Immediately rebook your wedding into any available date within the next three months||£250|
|Immediately rebook into any available date within the calendar year your original booking was for, or Jan Feb March the following year||£500|
|Moving the Wedding Date at less than one weeks notice ||Immediately rebook your wedding into any available date within the next three months||£500|
|Immediately rebook into any available date within the calendar year your original booking was for, or Jan Feb March the following year||£1,000|
When rebooking your wedding, never postpone your wedding beyond the date range in Column Two.
But if you absolutely have to do this, you'd be postponing your wedding beyond the Armed Forces & Emergency Services Wedding Package Date range. We would treat this as FULL CANCELLATION OF YOUR WEDDING with the loss of your deposit and any other charges that apply to short notice cancellations as per our 'standard terms & conditions' above.
Further Terms & Conditions
- We will allow dates to be moved as above for any “essential military condition", such as “overseas posting", deployment to a “terror/war zone” or “army exercise” or foreign overseas emergency or UK terrorist act.
- We will not allow postponement for optional "promotion courses" – as these in most cases can be rescheduled.
- It is the essential, “I have to go because I am fighting for my country" or, "I have no choice" absences that we are allowing date changes on.
- This Package applies to one or more serving military personnel within the UK regular Army, Navy or Airforce getting married, either to each other or someone.
- This Wedding Package may be offered to other specific Occupations where the requirements of your job may involve you being obliged to 'go somewhere else' on your wedding day, but typically the Occupations this Package is for include the Police, Army, Navy, RAF, MOD (any MOD aspect, not just the Military – so includes MOD Police), and NHS Staff such as Nurse/ Doctor/ Surgeon / Registrar / Consultant / paramedic or ambulance personnel.
- We need to see a proper service ID card for one of you, for you to book this Package. Specifically we need to see receipt of a MOD90 (ID card), or Services Personnel ID card, or valid UK recognised Emergency Services ID card, to qualify you for this Package.
- We will not accept the defence discount service card in isolation as they are valid for 5 years (so you could have a DDS card and no longer be serving). Sight of an in-date MOD90 will confirm your current service eligibility.
- We will need to see any "documentation for postponement" and may wish to see clarification that the reasons to move the date are in line with 'being obliged to go' above, rather than 'choosing to go'. In order to amend your date you will be required to provide us official confirmation, that you are unable to get married on the original date booked, including the reason why.
- Postponement will also be allowed on the above terms in cases of postings on joint forces exercises in Canada/America/Kenya and so forth.
- Postponement is not limited to “deployment” but will apply to any MOD or UK Government orders where you do not have a 'choice' and have to 'go'. So if you’re having to go to somewhere different in the UK for say an exercise or an exercise with another regiment, postponement would be permissible. But where you are able to choose yourself, whether or not to go, then postponement is not permitted.
- You must email and phone us IMMEDIATELY you are aware of a need to 'go somewhere' on your wedding day, as any delay in informing us will potentially make you liable for any increased charges for moving the date (see table above).