The Special Wedding Package requires you to get 50 guests at £75 B&B staying on the night of your wedding.
Other Wedding Packages require fewer overnight.
LMWP 40 - Last Minute Wedding Package for 40 guests at the wedding breakfast - requires 20 overnight.
LMWP 80 - Last Minute Wedding Package for 80 guests at the wedding breakfast - requires 40 overnight.
MWP - Midweek Wedding Package requires 50 guests at wedding breakfast and 25 overnight.
Members Wedding Package - requires no overnight B&B guests but needs 125 guests at the wedding breakfast to achieve free exclusive use of the ground floor function rooms.
There are 25 en-suites including some 'apartment' style en-suites (two with kitchen/ dining areas, allowing anyone with dietary needs to self-cater outside the regular meals at the Castle).
You can split your fifty £75/ PPPN (per person per night) B&B guests at two guests per room over the 25 en-suites, adding extras in the family rooms (above the first two) at £35 PPPN - regardless of age (children in cots are free).
The need to do this arises either if certain double rooms are out of commission for any reason, or if you personally as the Bride and Groom opt to allocate any doubles to single occupancy guests at £75/room. The latter is not advised as single occupancy of any double en-suite means you may struggle to spread your 50 X £75 guests evenly over the available room stock of 25 en-suites.
Though you're unlikely to use the rooms to full capacity, you can in theory get 81 guests in the en-suites with a further 19 in the non en-suite hostel standard 'Nurses Block'.
Total overnight B&B capacity is therefore 100 guests.
See our suggested split of your £75's and £35's in the Rooms Table here
This does mean you should reserve at least the family rooms to your family guests so they know which room to ask for and what they will be paying.
Only guests resident on the night count towards the 50 X £75
1) Only guests resident on the night of the wedding can count towards Special Wedding Package B&B £3,750 target total.
2) Guests above 50 are added at £35 PPPN as extras in family rooms - and also at £35 PPPN based on two sharing if in the Nurses Block.
3) If there is a baby in a cot, this is not chargeable.
4) Reception please do not include non-chargeable guests in 'number of guests' column in SRUM to avoid spreadsheet auto-summing £35 per baby. Note there is a baby in the room using 'edit comment' function and put + Baby in the main text so in the event of an evacuation, this is correctly logged.
For Staff - How to record top-ups in the event of
Wedding not achieving full occupancy of 50 X £75
1) All top ups are to be treated as 'venue hire' and go on Events Monitor and account as such. Enter top-ups in Nicolini Room column so top-ups can be clearly seen in one column on Events Monitor.
2) If there are > 50 guests, this is to be entered in the relevant cell of the Special Wedding Package room use monitor spreadsheet (SRUM) so the formula adds £35 PPPN for each extra guest above 50, giving you the total due.
3) If there are children in rooms, and if Bride anticipates overall occupancy will not reach 50 (or applicable minimum usage quota on their Wedding Package), then older / teenage children can be increased to £75 PPPN by individual arrangement between Bride and Guest. This needs agreeinng at the 'room reserve' stage by the bride raising the rate for some children and advising Guests and Reception accordingly.
4) Alternatively the bride can pay a top up to the accommodation account of the wedding guest to bring the guests up to the £75 PPPN rate and so achieve the accommodation usage quota. Or - to keep children all @ £35 PPPN - the Bride can pay a top-up as 'venue hire', to cover any room use shortfall. The top-up payment is then treated as per (1) above.
|Essential Pages to read, before reserving|
Rooms for your Wedding Guests
|1||Our Total Guest Capacity in our en-suites and other bedrooms|
|2||Bedrooms Guide: Wedding Packages' Min. Number of Guests to stay overnight|
|3||The Rooms Chart for our bedrooms - capacity and tariffs for each room|
|4||Family rooms' capacity: reserve family rooms for guests willing to share|
|5||Reserving Rooms for wedding Guests before they book|
|6||How to encourage your wedding guests to WANT TO stay overnight at the Castle|
|7||Sample Wedding Guest Invitation letters - encourage guests to stay overnight|
|Craig y Nos Castle Essential Wedding Planner Guide - Index of Contents|
|2||Your Suppliers - by category|
|3||Your Suppliers - Use Professionals|
|4||Who Pays for What? - Groom or Bride?|
|5||Put it in Writing - confirm by email|
|6||Your Cash Book|
|7||Your Guest List - Day & Evening List|
|8||Setting the Date - Friday or Saturday?|
|9a||Choosing the Venue & Venue Questions|
|9b||Matching Venue to Wedding|
|10||Appoint your own Wedding Planner/ Toastmaster|
|11a||Wedding Day Schedule - handy information|
|11c||The Ceremony - How everyone is seated|
|11d||Welcome Drinks & Photographs|
|11e||Wedding Breakfast & Evening Entertainment|
|12||Your Invitations & Wedding Stationery|
|13||Wedding Cake - useful info about cakes|
|14||Wedding Toasts - order of toasts|
|15||Wedding Day Countdown - tasks to do when|
|A||Planning your Wedding at Craig y Nos|
|B||Accommodation Reserving and Booking for Guests|
|C||Wedding Breakfast Menu Planning for Guests|
|D||Table Setting - seating plan for Guests|
|E||Running Order of the Day - Timings, Furnishings|
|26||Accommodation Planning for Guests B&B|