2021 Friday & Saturday
Weddings at Craig y Nos Castle
Welcome Drinks & Canapes
- added free to our
Offer only available via this page, for 'viewings' in March 2020 only. Offer suspended due to Cornavirus.
Due to Coronavirus and any concerns you may have about travelling (though there are no cases yet in our immediate area), in addition to our standard viewings we are also offering 'viewings' by Skype / WhatsApp in order for you to take up this offer without having to come to the castle in person.
This Offer has now expired.
Applies to bookings for 2021 weekend weddings.
The Courtyard at Craig y Nos Castle in South Wales
'2021 weekend wedding offer'
This offer has now expired
Exceptional Friday & Saturday 2021 Wedding Package in a Welsh Castle
- No Venue Hire
- Welcome Drinks worth £5.00/ guest
- Chefs Selection of Canapes worth £3.00/ guest
- 2 course Wedding Breakfast worth £50/ guest
- White Chair Covers & Bows* worth £1.50/ guest
the above would be £58.00 per day guest on our other Weekend Wedding packages
Available on this offer
@ £50/Day Guest
The Opera House at Craig y Nos Castle - Wedding Ceremony Room (seats 150)
This offer saves you £8/head over our already discounted weekend wedding package. So you save £560 for 70 guests on our Saturday Wedding Package.
* White Chair Covers are offered free of charge in one room - either the Ceremony room OR the Conservatory Banqueting room. Our supply of coloured bows is quite limited, so some Couples prefer to source their own bows and just use our chaircovers. You can also leave the chairs 'uncovered' if you prefer.
❤️ Our Two Extras for Free
2021 Weekend Weddings Offer ❤️
Saves £560 or more on a Saturday Wedding in 2021
Saves £480 on a Friday Wedding in 2021
Offer only available via viewing form on this page
This offer was for viewings in March 2020 and ended 28th March (slightly early due to Coronavirus)
Book a Viewing ASAP for this offer
Print this page and the viewing form or save it to hold on to this current offer as this offer (being a test offer) can be changed or removed without notice at any time.
Our 'Two Extras for Free' is exceptional value - for Friday & Saturday Wedding Packages in 2021 only.
If you can find better value anywhere else, we will match their price - guaranteed.
Exclusive Use of whole ground floor of Castle
(includes Ceremony Room, Banqueting Room, all sitting rooms and separate evening function room)
Theatre red carpet in first picture has now been replaced with a newer blue carpet as shown in the more recent pictures below.
By landing on this page, you have saved at least £560 off your wedding on any Saturday in 2021. This is based on inviting 70 guests as the Canapes and Welcome Drinks (together worth £8/guest) are added free to our Saturday Wedding package- two extras for free!
The Conservatory Wedding Banqueting Room at Craig y Nos Castle (seats 130)
For a Friday wedding the saving is £480 based on a minimum of 60 guests. As the saving is £8.00 per guest, you save more if you have more day guests.
You'll not see our 'Two Extras for Free' offered anywhere else as this 'hidden' page is not listed on the index. This offer is only available via the Viewing Request Form on this page.
The Conservatory at Craig y Nos Castle, for your Wedding Banquet (seats 130)
External links to this offer are only via an occasional Google 'Adwords' promotion. By using this special landing page with an extra special offer we can track if Google's Adwords 'work'.
As this is a 'test page' we may change this offer often, and we can remove it or alter it at no notice, so if you like this offer and want to lock in the £8/head saving, you should enquire now.
The Evening Function Room at Craig y Nos Castle (seats 150)
Terms & Conditions - 'Two Extras for Free' 2021 Weekend Wedding
- Min. 70 guests on Saturday, with free Venue Hire (70 day guests x £50) = £3,500
- Min. 60 guests on Fridays, with free Venue Hire (60 day Guests x £50) = £3,000
- Add extra day guests for £50/ guest up to a maximum of 130 in Conservatory (or 150 if in Function Room for the day). Evening Guests Maximum = 150.
- Our 'Two for Free' Offer with an additional £8 worth of extras applies to a 'Friday Wedding Package' (FWP) or a 'Saturday Wedding Package' (SWP) in 2021 only.
- Friday & Saturday Wedding Packages require a minimum of 50 guests staying overnight - see Weekend Wedding Package terms
- You must complete the specially coded Viewing Request on this page for this Offer.
- You must view the venue and reserve your wedding date within 30 days of completing the form on this page.
- Our 'Two for Free Offer' does NOT apply to any existing weddings or to weddings already booked or to any enquiries not initially made via this page and not made initially via the form on this page.
- Product/Prices are subject to immediate change and any offer or product may be withdrawn from this website at any time. Keep this page to retain this specific offer which is valid for viewings in March 2020, for weekend weddings booked in 2021. However, once you have paid a reservation fee of £250 to hold a date for 7 days, the package terms/offer that you have been quoted will remain in force/ be honoured during that 7 days, at the end of which time the contract and associated paperwork will need to be returned.
The Lower Gardens at Craig y Nos Castle, by River Tawe
To book a viewing of Craig y Nos Castle
please use the quick-form below
See Viewing times available here first then return to THIS form for the Offer.
Should you not be able to visit the castle in person, but wish to take up this offer and view within the current month, we are now offering 'remote viewing' via Skype or What's App. You can mark this preference on the form below. We cannot offer this service, or any viewings, during weddings. Please check viewing times availability on the link above first to avoid wedding times and other viewings.
Our 'Two Extras for Free Offer' saves you £480 or more off the cost of a Friday Wedding Package in 2021, and £560 or more off the cost of a Saturday Wedding Package in 2021
- Applies to Friday & Saturday weddings in 2021 only
- Only applies if you book a wedding viewing using form on this page
- You must view the venue and reserve your wedding date within the next 30 days to qualify for our Two Extras for Free offer
See full terms of our Two for Free offer.
Your Wedding Day at Craig y Nos Castle - recommended schedule
Your Wedding Ceremony
13:00 – 13:30
You will be married in the Grade One Listed Opera House. Allow 30-40 minutes for seating guests, the wedding Ceremony itself, and everyone exiting the theatre. Confetti may be thrown within the theatre.
Our theatre wedding room is fully licensed for all weddings and civil ceremonies. Styled on Wagner’s Opera House in Bayreuth, Bavaria with decor fit for elite gatherings, the theatre is licensed for 150 guests.
The ceiling has a glass atrium roof which lets in lots of light. This is generally covered with a blackout cloth to prevent sun-damage to the Grade One theatre's wall paintings and gold leaf paintwork. It can be removed for your wedding on request.
The Theatre is one of only 8 Grade One listed Opera Houses in the UK, one of only two in private ownership.
No other wedding venue in Wales has its own opera house where you can dazzle your audience from your very own stage!
Your Welcome Drinks
13:30 – 14:00
Served either inside in the Nicolini Lounge, or outside in courtyard or gardens
The first room that you see upon entering the Castle, the Nicolini Lounge features a wood burning stove, sumptuous leather chairs and traditionally elegant decor evocative of the room's history as a reception room for visits by nobleman and Royalty.
Welcome drinks may be arranged to spell L O V E, or the Bride and Groom's initials.
Welcome Drinks are served after your Wedding Ceremony.
Your Wedding Photographs in the Courtyard and Grounds
14:00 – 16:00
Photos can be taken in the Gardens & Country Park as well as the Courtyard.
The Country Park Woodland and Boating Lake are popular for photos in all seasons, while the lower gardens allow for photos with the castle in the background.
Around two hours should be allowed for the Wedding Photos as wedding guests may wander off and need shepherding and organising for the photos.
Also you will want plenty of time to get photos of the Happy Couple in various spots around the grounds. Your Wedding Photographer will be familiar with the best locations.
Our two most popular Photographers are Jenkins Photography and Photography First.
There are ample opportunities for unique and memorable photos all around the castle.
Your Wedding Breakfast in the Conservatory
16:00 – 19:00
Around three hours should be allowed for the Wedding Breakfast including Speeches and Toasts. As your wedding banquet is late in the day, you may wish to include Canapes with your Welcome Drinks.
Breath-taking views of the surrounding grounds and a substantial outdoor terrace - enjoy the most romantic day of your life with a delectable wedding banquet overlooking some of the most scenic views in South Wales.
Seating Capacity: 130 Comfortably seats 120 guests (on up to twelve round tables of 10 each, with the remainder on your Head Table).
Your Evening Party & Disco
20:00 – 24:00
You can either have your evening party in the Conservatory or in the Function Room.
Larger weddings will tend to use the main function room as there is more space and the main bar is next to the function room. Smaller weddings often use the Conservatory for Day and Evening.
A finish time of midnight is suggested in Conservatory to avoid disturbing your guests in nearby en-suites. Evening Parties in the main function room can go on later, without disturbing anyone.
Craig y Nos Castle was awarded the Welsh Wedding Awards Wedding Venue of the Year 2020 at the Awards Presentation on 19/02/2020